Decorative Acorns

I spray acorns with gold paint, and tie with a ribbon. I hang them on my Christmas tree. I pick a large acorn and insert cloves in each groove and tie a ribbon and hang them in the toilet and bathroom. It freshens the air.

By Dorty from SA

Oh those gold painted acorns sound like such lovely decoration for the tree! Do you glue a ribbon loop on it for hanging?

Acorns are about 1 inch long and have no grooves, are we talking about the same thing, do you mean pine cones?

I am curious if you mean pinecones or something other than acorns. I have several oaks in my yard and surrounding woods and the acorns are too small and non-groved to do much of anything with.

two acorns
Crafts Using Acorns
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations CraftsDecember 14, 2009
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
pan of acorns on oven rack
Preparing Acorns for Crafts
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree