Toddler Toy Noise Control

Kudos to the toymakers who add a volume control switch on their battery operated "talking, roaring, squealing, etc." toys. For those that don't have that feature, a piece of duct tape securely sealed over the speaker holes will lower the decibels to a level that you can tolerate yet still be audible enough for the child who's playing with the toy.

I use duct tape because it is very difficult to remove yet is woven in a way that lets some of the sound out. Smaller children will need supervision if they are curious ones who try to take things apart and put foreign objects in their mouths, but then they have to be watched closely anyway. At least the noise level won't add to the mayhem!

By Sandy from Elon, NC

It's a joke in my family that I buy the noisiest toys I can find. Drums, sirens, piano keyboards, etc.

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler AdviceApril 15, 2009
Toddler Restaurant Kit
Making a Toddler Restaurant Kit
Toddler with ball.
Inexpensive Toddler Toys
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
Front Load Washer
Front Load Washer Makes Noise During Final Rinse Cycle
🎄