Uses for Sippy Cups

What are your ideas for using retired sippy cups?

Save your sippy cup for when your child is older! I saved my highest-quality sippy cup (coincidentally, the one that was in the best shape) when my daughter graduated to "real" cups. Now when she has a stomach bug and spends the day on the couch, I give her the sippy cup instead of letting her drink out of a real cup in my living room. Even though she's now 8, she loves her special "sick" cup and I never have to clean up spills.

By Karen from NH

Post your ideas below.

When my children graduated from small sippie trainer cups to 'big kid' cups, I remained faithful to my pack rat tendencies. I now keep the trainer cups in the bathroom cabinet to rinse after my family and I brush our teeth instead of paper cups. After each use (one cup per person per brushing), I simply run the cups through the diswasher on 'sanitize'. Plus, since they're small, they fit in the cabinet perfectly! This way, I'm saving money, saving a tree, and reducing waste all at the same time.

By Melissa

If you can't think of anything around the house, (my kids just use them now without the lids), you could save them for your daughter to use with her dolls, or give them to a daycare, or women/children shelter.

I just bought one for Me.I have a lot of cats who tend to knock things over.The sippy cup has saved a Lot of spills.I especially like it while I'm here at the computer.

I bet it will be good the next time I get a cold too.

I have one in my kids bathroom with q-tips in it. It helps to keep them from spilling the q-tips all over the always wet countertop after brushing their teeth, etc. It also keeps the littlest one from getting in to them without help.

I use the sippy cups for keeps my girl crayons,pencils,little toys, etc (without the lids) in her desk.

My kids still use the sippy cups just without the lids because they are still little enough to use them and it is perfect for the hands. But if they are way to old for them. Use them for paint brushes to rinse of the paint for water colors. Or use them for pencils.

Remove the lid from the sippy cup and put it in your kids' bathroom. They can use the cup to rinse off after a bath! Sippy cups also make good toothbrush holders for kids.

I donate mine to thrift stores or emergency services. Those are always forgotton in the emergency kits! I keep one cup in each "bag" for my little one. After wasting money on fancy ones, we went to the little cups with the lid, and because they chew, the lids get used up. We use the cups for juice, perfect size! And the "disposable" ones for emergencies, snacks during traveling, and other times were they can get lost.

I am finally gonna retire all our sippy cups but thought to donate the best of the batch to charity or to a niece who's having her 3rd child. Our lids are what look the worst because the kids bit on the spout. I also have tupperware cups with sipper lids so I still have something to use if they are sick or taking in the van etc. My kids are 6 and 8 but they only get open cups at the kitchen table. If they want to take a drink elsewhere they must use a sports type covered bottle.

Use the sippy cup for a small plant container or even fresh herbs

2-you could use it for a bank if the lid is still good

3.store one size nails or tacks in it with lid

4.laundry soap pourer

5.hair pin container

6.round cookie cutter

7, storing cup fulls of play bough or modeling clay on vehicle trips

8.a button storer

9.for sand box or snow playing

10.A gift box for a cup full of wrapped candy

You could let your little ones use the old sippy cups to water little seedlings. It wouldn't matter if the top was a little chewed on.

Sippy Cup
Uses for Sippy Cups
Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 7, 2006
K-cups
Organizing Keurig K-cups
Disposable Plastic Cup
Reusing Disposable Plastic Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
🎉
🎄