Making a Personal Correspondence Box

I am fixing up a box full of assorted greeting cards and stamps and a good pen, for my 93 year old mother-in-law. I need some more ideas for some other unique things to put in there. Also, what can I do to dress it up, cool? Any suggestions?

By Ann

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You could get one of those pretty photo boxes and put all the stuff in there. Also, maybe add a letter opener, some thank you notes and stationary. You could even find a pretty lap desk and tie it all up with a pretty bow. Good luck and what a great idea!

I did this sort of thing for my aunt one year. I make my own cards, so I sent an assortment of handmade cards. I got a few different kind of stamps (you know how they have some with pictures for various occasions). Also some stickers. And I found some little mini cardmaking kits and included those. The card kits had the card blanks with coordinating embellishments. The gift was very well-received.

I bet your mother-in-law will love the gift!

A new address book, return address labels and, if you know addresses of folks she would send things to, you could also print out larger labels for her to use for addressing.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceDecember 21, 2009
Safety Deposit Box
Using a Safety Deposit Box
boy praying
Making a Prayer Box
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:59:59 PM on 10.0.0.82 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.