Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Craft: Recycled Garden Totem

Recycled Garden Totem
contest winner icon

I had a corner of my garden that needed some color this spring. I saw some garden totems made of glass, but I wanted something with more color. I scavenged garage sales, thrift shops, and my own home and came up with this interpretation of my own. It gives my dull corner some brightness until the flowers start blooming. You can see a photo on my gardening blog under "Totem, Love'm":

By yoder178 from Elkhart, IN

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Carla Vaught [1]08/20/2010

This is absolutely adorable! I especially love it because you used tea pots, which is one of my favorite drinks! This is a lovely idea.

By susan [33]08/09/2010

LinnieB: The head planter is a "lola planter" she was popular a few years back but terribly expensive online. I found her last year at Meijers for a much more reasonable price, but you could probably make her too fairly easily. I had so much fun making her, just finding the right parts was fun. Thanks so much to all for voting for this. :)

By Linda07/29/2010

Love this idea, but where on earth did you find the cute face pot?

By GRAMMY 007 [1]07/16/2010

This totem pole is terrific. I love it and am already on a scavenger hunt to find items I'd like in mine. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

By GRAMMY 007 [1]07/16/2010

By sherry [25]07/15/2010

This is absolutely gorgeous, I can't wait to make theses with my girls. Thanks for sharing it.

By Sandi [390]07/14/2010

It's not easy to inspire me but this did! Where's the glue!

By christi [66]07/14/2010

I collect teapots and i think this is a wonderful recycled project. I dont have a garden but I am thinking with some of my mini teapots this would be cute in a windowsill garden. Thanks for sharing your creation with us!

By Maryeileen [76]07/14/2010

How colorful, and very creative of you. Thanks for sharing!

By Rachel's Mom [162]07/14/2010

Wow! This is too pretty to leave outside. I think I would find a place inside to use it! :)

By Jan Yofee [12]07/14/2010

That is so wonderfully whimsical! Love it!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.