Link: College Level Examination Program

You can borrow books from the library or buy them from the college bookstore used, and study 33 different course materials that you choose. Then take tests at a local college to earn credits for what you already know. I did this and I loved it. I took one for psychology and sociology, and one other one I forget. Once you pass the exams, you have college credit for those classes. It is great to always learn!

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Can one do that at all colleges? If so, what a novel idea!

Even if you can't test out of more than one or two semesters' worth of courses, that's one or two fewer semesters' worth of money you'll have to spend. Very frugal, Robyn! Need to pass this on to my son, currently attending Edison, I believe.

Here is where to check to see if your college takes CLEP. I know most of the ones I looked at did. I had a good time studying at home!

There should be a college near you that participates in this program as far as where you can go for the test.

It is really great. Why sit through a class you already know.

Better Living Self ImprovementOctober 20, 2010
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
A girl working on online college courses using a laptop.
Taking Online College Courses
Pink piggy bank wearing graduation cap with money in the slot.
Saving Money for College
A happy nurse giving two thumbs up.
Nurse Themed Party Ideas