Freezing Stuffed Squash and Squash Casseroles

I'm making stuffed zucchini, and want to freeze them. Do I stuff them first and cook them or just stuff, cool, wrap well, and freeze. Then when I want to serve, unthaw completely and then cook. I am also trying to make a yellow squash casserole and am wondering do I do the same with it, put all together and then wrap and cook after completely unthawing. Thank you.

By Rosanna from Dallas, TX

Answers

I have made and frozen stuffed zucch's for years. I always stuff and cook as if to eat, then cook, cut up into portions, wrap tightly, and then freeze. I will save crumb or parmesan topping for when I re-heat it to give a fresh look (it microwaves great). Sad to say, it IS zucchini, and a lot of liquid "leaves" after thawing. However, it is so delicious that we drain it off and chow down! Even when my picky daughter was tiny, she would always eat it. So, since my zucchini didn't produce this year, who wants to give me some big ones for stuffing? Just kidding.

Freezing Casseroles
Food and Recipes Freezing Freezer MealsAugust 26, 2010
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
summer squash
Drying Squash
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🎉
🎄