Serving Coffee at Holiday Gatherings

For Thanksgiving, we had a number of guests at our dinner tables. Rather than purchase a coffee maker that brews large quantities and which would just sit on the shelf (or in the attic as I have no storage space left on the shelves in the kitchen) for the rest of the year, I made coffee in the 4 cup coffee maker a few times and emptied it into a pot on the stove.

I kept the lid on the pot and the coffee stayed warm until the end of dinner. It required minimal re-heating and I served it with a ladle into everyone's coffee mugs. No one complained and I couldn't tell the difference. It was decaf hazelnut (coarsely ground) from the bulk bin at the grocery store.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Thanks for the GREAT IDEA! We entertain at different times year round & we rent a large coffee maker BUT now I can save the cost of the rental and enjoy my own coffee with my guests.

THANK YOU! Embarassed because I didn't think of this years ago.

Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceDecember 4, 2006
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Using Reusable Kuerig Pods
Using Reusable Kuerig Pods