Meal PlanningAdvice

Buying Food for Wedding Reception

My daughter is getting married. I need to buy nuts and mints for a reception for 250 people. How much should I buy?

By Jean

A lot of cookbooks have a section that tells things like in them. Or else google it and you can probably find the answer.

What are you planning on doing with them? Are they going to be in bowls for the tables or individual as favors? That will make a difference.

How much food will I need for a wedding reception? I am having sloppy joes, chicken sandwiches, frozen fruit, and cubed cheese. We are expecting about 170 people.

By DBriggs from OH

Answers:

Buying Food for Wedding Reception

Some cookbooks have a page that tells how much you need to feed large groups of people. You can also find this on different web sites. (09/11/2009)

By redhatterb

Buying Food for Wedding Reception

There's a website that has recipes and you can alter each one to get the amount you will need. You could look up similar things that you are going to be serving and get a better idea of how much you will need. It's allrecipes.com. Good luck. (09/12/2009)

By Coco130

Buying Food for Wedding Reception

I did the catering for my daughter's wedding myself. I calculated how much I would eat (I have a hearty appetite) of each item then multiplied it by how many people were invited. Plus an extra 10 servings. Not everyone eats the same amounts and we had tons left over anyway which is better than not having enough. Everyone told me how good the food was so the leftovers weren't because it didn't taste nice! (09/14/2009)

By cett