Organizing Packets in the Kitchen

In my pantry, on the front sides of my shelves, there are room for some "S" hooks to hang. I've punched holes in the sealed tops of packets of taco seasoning, gravy mixes, etc. and hung them on the "S" hooks. Rather than have them standing on my shelves taking up valuable space, they're easily spotted this way, as I don't have to search for them.

By Terri from NV

Great idea we're revovating our kitchen I will definitly use this one.

Good idea, Shari. I have hanging baskets in my pantry but the packets still are hard to view. The basket does help with more room on the shelf----but still can't see wants in them and have to take everyone out . I just may check into this idea. Thanks for sharing.

Karifl

Now why didn't I think of that! Great idea. And I have the perfect spot for them too. These forums are fantastic. Thanks for submitting your idea.

I hung a clear plastic shoe holder inside my pantry. It has hooks that fit over the top of the door. I keep my packets and other small items organized in it. Items are easy to see, stored out of the way, and convenient to reach.

I use a medium sized wicker basket but that still doesn't make it any easier. I'm going to use this terrific idea.

I don't like the idea of punching holes in the packets, for many reasons. What I do is I have an empty box of Big Mac & Cheese. I covered it with contact paper, and stand all my packets of gravy mixes, etc in there. It holds quite a lot and when I want one I just pull out the box and grab what I need and put the box back. This works for me because I don't have a pantry to hang the wire baskets on (I love that idea and will use it if I ever do get a pantry).

I just happened to think of another idea that would even work in my cabinets where the shelves come all the way to the front and there's no space to hang things. I am thinking of taking plastic canvas and making something to hang over the inside of the door. I can put pockets on it and position them so that they hang between where the shelves come out. This way I could still close the cabinet doors but I could put the small things - like gravy packets - in the pockets. I could also organize the packets so that I wouldn't have to sort through them either! Then I could tell at a glance what I need to replenish! Hm I like this one!

I bought a 2 drawer small plastic thingy at the Dollar store. I have my packets in there. One drawer holds the cooking bag with seasonings packets. It sits on my counter top. I have lots of counter top space, just no pantry or over-head cabinets. Debbie-Jenn

I once lived in a small flat in England there was very little space for anything in the kitchen or the bathroom. I bought two of the 3 tiered wire mesh baskets, one for the kitchen to hold small utensils and the other in the bathroom for my cosmetics

Organizing KitchenJanuary 12, 2006
Organizing a Small Kitchen, A small kitchen painted lime green.
Organizing a Small Kitchen
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
Package of Ramen Noodles
Uses for Ramen Seasoning Packets
🎉
🎄