First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

Can you please provide me with ideas for the First Holy Communion speech for my daughter?

By Dreena from Canada

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

First Communion brings happiness, stress, and speeches. Congrats to your daughter! An idea is to talk about what she learned and how fun it is and how she has become a very holy person. She can talk about how excited she is and how much she wants to share her excitement. She can also praise her teachers for their help, and praise God for helping her through the process of First Communion! Hope this helps! Good luck to your daughter and family.

How about a talk about a child saint? Maybe specifically a patron saint of first communicants? I believe there are a few such saints. Perhaps do a Google search on "patron saints of communicants" or such. God bless your child and your family!

January 14, 2013 Flag

I am looking for help with an introduction speech, toast, and thanksgiving.

By Rosy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 6, 2010 Flag

Answers:

First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

Wow, things sure have changed since my first communion almost fifty years ago. We accepted our first wafer with humility and personal thanks by talking to Christ in our own hearts, crossed ourselves, and genuflected before walking away from the alter.

We were not expected to speak to anyone else other than Jesus from our heart and that includes my parents not being expected to speak. I am not sure why a public speech is necessary, but in my heart if it's expected then a short and heartfelt, "Dear God, thank you for sending your only begotten son to save us and thank you Dear Jesus for suffering on the cross for us to cleanse us of our sins." I sincerely hope this helps. (12/02/2009)

By Deeli

First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

Cut-pasting from the above and adding my own, this is what I came up with for my godson's FHC. I was told to use the opportunity for evangelisation, which I did. On the whole, I think it turned out quite well. My thanks to the previous contributors:

"I would like to propose a toast to my dear godchild Jay. Let me start by thanking all our guests for making it to share in this very important occasion in our lives, the FHC of Jay. Today is a day Jay will cherish and remember for the rest of his life. It is a day when we all celebrate Jay's commitment to our Christian faith in the presence of those who care most about him.

Belief in the real presence of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist is one of the pillars of Catholicism. When the priest utters the words of consecration over the bread and wine, it is transformed in substance (though not in form) into the very body and blood of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for our sins. That is why it is considered a great grace and honour to partake of the Eucharistic Communion.

Jay, on this occasion it is customary for me to give you some advice. Every religion, including Christianity, stands on three things, viz.: integrity, compassion, and the desire for betterment. So my advice for you is this: 'Stand up straight and speak the truth. Always.'

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you have a great time. Please rise and join me in drinking a toast to Jay. We love you Jay. God bless you mightily. A whole new world unfolds before you. From this day on, let the faith in your heart always be your guide." (12/20/2009)

By thomercy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 28, 2009 Flag

I'm looking for ideas for a First Holy Communion speech for a 7 yr old to deliver. I would also like ideas for some FHC games.

By Stefrian from Toronto, Canada

Answers:

First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

I hope this doesn't offend you, but the whole idea of "First Holy Communion games" is a bit jarring.

For a party with kids attending, I would use some regular kid's party games and activities to keep them occupied. I wouldn't use Holy Communion, which is sacred, as a theme for games.
(04/17/2009)

By Mary T

First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

I would suggest that your child could discuss three Bible persons and why they are heroes to him/her. For me, that would be Paul, Esther, and Deborah. (04/22/2009)

By kimhis

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 16, 2009 Flag

I am looking for ideas for the speech at my son's first holy communion and a toast speech.

Delene

Answers:

Stand up straight and speak the truth.

I know that a Bar mitzvah boy (13 years old) or a Bat mitzvah girl (12 years old) makes their own speech, but I'm not familiar with communion speeches. Is this a speech you make from the podium to your son, or is it a speech that your son must make before taking communion?

Either way, I only have one piece of advice, and it's just as valid for a child taking first communion as for a child becoming a man or woman at the bar/bat mitzvah ceremony, entering school the first day, graduating from school on the last day, getting married, applying for a job, or at any other major moment in life. It's based on the knowledge that the world stands on three things: integrity, compassion, and the desire for betterment, and that the validity of every religion or belief system is tested upon those three principles.

It is this: "Stand up straight and speak the truth."

That's my advice for you, and that's the advice I suggest you give to your son as he takes this step towards commitment to the values you'll spend your life instilling and re-instilling in him.
(12/31/2008)

By Chayil

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 25, 2008 Flag

I need a speech for my son's 1st Holy communion.

DNolanq from Barnegat, NJ

Answers:

First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

Speak from your heart to your child and to God. What have other parents said at 1st Communions in your church? No one but you can write a speech from your heart. (03/29/2007)

By Linda

First Holy Communion Toast

Rhea's FHC Toast

Carol and I would like to propose a toast to our Darling Daughter RHEA. Let me start by thanking all our guests for making it to share in this very important occasion in our lives, the FHC of our lovely daughter, Rhea.

Rhea has waited a long time for this day, today is one day Rhea will cherish and remember for the rest of her life. It is a day when we all celebrate Rhea's commitment to our Christian Faith in the presence of those who care most about her.

Rhea, you were a beautiful baby: cuddly and adorable, always longing for the safety of our arms and dependent on your parents for almost everything. As you grew, we were there and recorded every special occasion in our hearts. The time you started to crawl, that very first step, your first tooth and the very first time you had a haircut. As time passed, before we knew it, you had grown up. You had grown more beautiful and a little less dependent on us. All these things we stored away in our memory.

Thank you, sweet Rhea, for eight years of love, joy, memories, and laughter! You are truly a blessing from God, and we are so happy that you are our child! We couldn't have asked for a more loving and compassionate young daughter! You are our angel, and we love you so much, much more than words can ever say!

So let us congratulate Rhea on this very special day, when she has received our Lord for the first time in communion and let us wish her all happiness in her Christian life from this day forward. Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and join me in drinking a toast to Rhea. Hope you all have a great time.

We love you, Pups! God bless you mightily, Sweetie!

A whole new world unfolds before you
From this day on, let the faith in your heart, Always be your guide
Congratulations on the most sacred of new beginnings!

ricsanf @ gmail . com
(12/26/2007)

By Richard

First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

You might want to bring in the idea of Popeye and the Spinach which gives him strength. For us as Christians the "Spinach" which gives us strength is the Body of Christ.
Fr. Errol Fernandes s.j. (01/05/2008)

By Fr. Errol Fernandes s.j.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 28, 2007 Flag

I am looking for a speech for my First Holy Communion. Any ideas?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
First Communion
First Communion Speech Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties ChurchApril 6, 2010
Receiving an Award
Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award
First Communion Centerpiece
First Communion Centerpiece Ideas
daughter giving mother a gift
Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday
First Communion Cake
First Communion Party Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:06:58 PM on 10.0.2.225 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.