Glue for Making Paper Toys

I recently discovered the wealth of paper toy patterns available online at sites such as But I've been having trouble finding information on the best kind of glue to use. Rubber cement is too slow to dry, and Elmer's seems to soak through the paper too much. A glue stick doesn't offer enough precision. Does anyone have recommendations?

I would recommend that you use Alleene's Tacky Glue. It is available at the craft stores and in the craft dept. at WalMart. It is a white glue similar to Elmer's, but lots thicker. I keep my bottle turned upside down in a coffee mug to keep the glue at the ready. Otherwise, you will have to shake it to get it out.

Harlean from Arkansas

I do alot of paper crafts and I use Martha Stewarts jel adhesive and it is less messier then the tacky glue. It is a roll on and very easy to use. I paid just $1.84 for it at Walmart. It last along time. Hope this will help you

Thanks, Harlean! Yesterday I read on one of the links here to try letting a small amount of Elmer's partially dry so that it thickens, too. But this sounds like exactly what I need.

Hope you found the glue you were looking for. I want to thank you for introducing me to that wonderful web site The Toymaker. It is awesome and I will be using it with my granddaughters Thanks

I do a lot of paper crafts with my granddaughter for her homeschooling. I find the double stick tape works great I use roll tape as well as dots and ovals; whichever works best for the connection.

Crafts ToysJanuary 27, 2009
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
Toddler with ball.
Inexpensive Toddler Toys
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper