Use Vinegar to Break Down Cat Urine

I heard this on Martha Stewart and thought it was worth passing on to all cat lovers. Vinegar destroys cat odors. The enzymes in vinegar breaks down the cat urine. It works really well. I put approximately 1/4 cup vinegar in a spray bottle. Where ever I think they sprayed, I mist it. Vinegar smell dissipates quickly, and no more cat smell! I have used both white and cider vinegar.

Put vinegar in laundry to do the same thing. Sweetens smelly cloths with stubborn odors (e.g., body odor, pet smells, socks) and you can spray tennis shoes and dry in the sun, for foot odors or athletes foot fungus. Keep vinegar in the cupboard at all times. It's a life saver.

Source: Martha Stewart

By Flintmoonwitch from Flint, MI

Editor's Note: Be sure to test a small area first before using new cleaning recipes to avoid unexpected results.

Can I spray it in my cat's litter pans

Spray it to cleans them, Add Baking soda to absorb odors.

orange house cat
Homemade Cat Urine Cleaner Recipes
Pets Pet StainsMay 21, 2010
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet