Turkey Stick Puppet
Just in time for Thanksgiving, a delightful turkey stick puppet, that doubles as a fan. It's quick, easy, and you probably have all the materials right at home.
Crafting Time: approximately 30 minutes
What You Need:
- construction paper in orange, yellow, and brown
- a tiny bit of red crepe paper streamer or tissue paper
- hole punch
- a paint stir stick, or something similar
- craft glue
- Trace half a dinner plate on orange paper and half a salad plate on yellow paper. Cut these shapes out. Glue the yellow half circle to the orange one.
- Draw and cut a turkey head and body shape, it's a simple bowling pin shape, from brown paper.
- Punch two holes in the head section for eyes. You can also draw on two eyes with marker.
- Glue the body to the center of the yellow and orange half circles.
- Cut a diamond shape from yellow paper and fold it in half to make the beak. Glue the back half of the beak to the turkey's head just below the eyes. The beak will open.
- Cut a small strip of red crepe paper streamer or tissue paper for the turkey's wattle. Glue the end of this just above the beak, so the will hang down over the beak.
- Draw and cut two turkey feet from orange paper. Glue these to the bottom of the turkey's body, facing upward, so it appears as though the turkey is sitting down.
- Glue a paint stir stick to the back of the turkey to make a puppet.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
November 21, 20060 found this helpful
This is too cute! I was looking for a cute craft for my nieces and nephews to make while dinner is being prepared. Thanks for the great idea.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 9, 2016 at 6:14:43 AM on 10.0.0.108 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us