AdviceCharity

Angel Food Ministries In California

I would like to know where in California there is a Angel Food Ministries for people to get food. I have children in Ukiah and Willits California.

Rosemarie

I tried both cities in the search and nothing came up in a 50 mile radius unfortunately. If you know their specific zip codes perhaps something will come up or you might have to try a neighboring town.

http://www.ange  es.com/hosts.asp

I think AngelFood Ministries is for seniors below the poverty level. Maybe your children qualify for food stamps or WIC.

Your best bet is to try their website, as they keep it updated continually (they also have current menus on the site). It's not everywhere, so you might have to travel a bit. I've found that as people use it at other places and talk it up, more people take notice and start a host area in the neighborhood. They've made changes in the type of food they give out, and personally, I think it's quite a bit better than it used to be. And there are no income requirements. In my area, even some physicians with large families use it.

Just to clear up some misinformation: Angel Food Ministries is NOT just for seniors "below the poverty level". It is for anyone who will pay their money up front and order a package.

I have not tried it yet but I know people who have and they rave about the quality of the food.

Recently they started senior meals: fully cooked and just have to be heated. This what I want.

Do you have AFM in the San Jose, California area?

You've sure helped out an old disabled Veteran. With the money I get from The VA I can pay my bills and very seldom have money for food. You've changed that! Thank You