Recycling Old Barn Wood For Crafts

I make barn wood picture frames and when I cut the wood, I have raw natural wood showing. What can I do to turn the wood to a matching color so it isn't so noticeable? I have heard of using vinegar and something else? I haven't had any luck with stains. Thanks for any help you can give me.

By Duane from Rapid City SD

Just an idea, take a couple of tea bags in about 1/2 cup of water put in microwave for about 1/2 minute or so then try dipping your raw wood pieces in the tea water, it might work, if you need darker add more tea bags. Deby

I took an old wooden pallet and made a birdhouse, but I also had parts of the wood I had to cut and it didn't match the rest of the wood. Here's what I did and it turned out really well. I took a handful of potting soil and rubbed it into the section that was cut, it aged and matched it up to the rest of the wood.

Hope this idea helped.

PAM

Photo of an old barn.
Crafts Using Old Barn Wood
Crafts FramingJanuary 4, 2010
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Rustic birdhouse.
Scrap Wood Birdhouses
Wood Paneling
Removing Water Stains from Barnwood Paneling
🎉
🎄