What Causes a Bloody Nose?

I had a bloody nose the other night but not since. Could this be high blood pressure? I have never had high blood pressure and just had a physical.

By 0u812

Anonymous

There are many causes for a bloody nose, and if you have just one, it probably isn't anything to worry about, but if you have more, don't self-diagnose, see a doctor. Here is a link all about bloody noses.

http://www.medi … ose/symptoms.htm

This morning while I was in the shower all of a sudden I got a nose bleed. The blood was dripping out of my right nostril and I started to panic. I never thought of gently pinching my nose closed to stop the flow of blood. I quickly rinsed off the soap and stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. My first line of defense was to grab a wad of bathroom tissue and roll it up and place it in my right nostril to stop the blood from dripping. Then I knew to tilt my head back for a while. Before not too long the bleeding had stopped.

I normally never get a bloody nose, but sometimes the change in the weather can bring one on, and I have normal blood pressure.

I read on the internet today that if the bleeding doesn't stop within 15-20 minutes then you should better get yourself to an emergency ward.

I've always depended upon a supplement of zinc when this happened to anyone I knew. It can be a defeciency of zinc I read years ago, but haven't heard a thing since. I know the physical treatment is to crook your first finger and lay it over the top lip and press firmly and evenly until the bleeding stops.

A good multi-vitamin/mineral should be a good beginning to build up health. If the bleeding persists, you might consider a supplement of zinc, about 25mg. for a child, 50 mg. for adult, but only twice or three times a week for about a month. Stop for a while unless the bleeding begins again. This seems to work from what has been my experience.

Also, too much Potassium in your body may contribute to it, I believe. Watch for medical articles that discuss this. You might also check Mercola.com.

God bless and good luck. : )

A bloody nose can be caused by dry air. My husband and son have them once in a while.. You need to put moisture in the air. When we changed the type of heat we used in our home my son stopped having them as much.

I used to have bloody noses a lot when I was younger. I do have weak veins, not just in my nose though. My grandmother had to have her nose cauterized when it started bleeding and it couldn't be stopped.

One thing, if you tilt yout head back, the blood will drain down your throat. Better to hold the head either level or slightly forward, and pinch both sides, but not real hard!

Debbie-Jenn