Use Both Dryer Ball and Dryer Sheet

I love my dryer balls for softness and the fact that unlike fabric softeners, they don't coat the towels and make them less absorbent. But they don't always get rid of ALL the static. So I buy the cheapest fabric softener sheets I can find, and cut them in half. The balls take care of the softness, and the one strip is usually enough to handle the static.

Static cling is caused by over drying clothes in the dryer. If you don't over dry your clothes they won't get static cling and you won't need dryer sheets and dryer balls.

I used to use the dryer balls too, and had problems with static cling. Then one day my dog got hold of the balls and chewed them up. So, I grabbed 3 tennis balls from my son's room and threw them in the dryer. They work like a charm! Cheaper than dryer balls, and I don't get the static cling with them. Plus, I've been using the same 3 balls for about 10 years now! You can't beat that!

Instead of using dryer sheets with all their icky chemicals, just use a half cup of white vinegar in the rinse water. That will get rid of static and also helps soften the clothes. There is no odor after they dry, and vinegar is a natural product. Dryer sheets leave carcinogens, endocrine disruptors and neurotoxic chemicals on your clothes, which are transferred to your skin, which absorbs them.

Man ironing women's skirt as she is trying to walk away
Preventing Static Cling in Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryApril 3, 2009
foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
sheet cake with flower decorations
Cutting Sheet Cakes