Baked potatoes stuffed with seasoned, low-fat cottage cheese are a lavish low-fat, low- cholesterol, low-sodium treat.
1. Prick potatoes with fork. Bake at 425º F for 60 minutes or until fork is easily inserted.
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out potato leaving about 1/2 inch of pulp inside shell. Mash pulp in large bowl.
3. Mix in by hand remaining ingredients except parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
4. Sprinkle top with 1/4 tsp parmesan cheese.
5. Place on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Yield: 8 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 potato each
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 1 mg
Sodium: 136 mg
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!