Cream of Coconut Cake

This is probably the most luscious cake I've ever eaten in my life, and my family has expected to see one on every Holiday table since I made the first one back in the 60's.

It can be decorated by adding the red and/or green maraschino cherries when ready to serve. Be sure to drain them well or they'll turn your cake pink or green.

I hope your family likes it as well as mine does. Enjoy!

• 1 box white cake mix (2-layer size). I like Duncan Hines.
  • 3 egg whites from large eggs
  • 2 Tbsp. good corn oil
  • 1 1/3 cups milk
  • 2 cans (4 oz each) flaked coconut
  • 1 can (I think they're 12 oz) Cream of Coconut (no substitute), not coconut milk
  • 1 large container (12oz) Cool Whip (no substitute)

Combine cake mix, egg whites, oil, milk and one can coconut. Mix well.

Pour into greased and lightly floured 9"x12" cake pan (1/2 sheet cake size), and bake in a preheated 350º F oven for 20-25 minutes.

Make holes in warm cake with meat fork, and pour the can of Cream of Coconut over cake. When cool, combine the second can of coconut with the large container of Cool Whip and frost the cake right in the pan.

Chill for several hours of overnight before serving.

Keeps well in the refrigerator if you cover it tightly.

Julia in Orlando, FL

i also make this husband calls it his heart attack cake..try it with strawberry cake mix &strawberry cool whip.. decorate with handicap grandson wants it all the time

goodliciuosas they say------

Oh my goodness........I'm drooling!!! Thanx for the recipe!!!

Where do you buy cream of coconut? I have never noticed in the supermarket. I have bought coconut milk. I have a coconut tree. Too bad I don't know how to cream those coconuts. I guess I should look that up. They are delicious, though. This cake sounds good enough for company.

Coconut Cake on Purple Table Cloth
Coconut Cake Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Christmas Baked GoodsNovember 14, 2005
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Making an Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Oreo Ice Cream Cake
Making an Ice Cream Cake