Mommy and Me Thanksgiving Crafts

I need some good, creative and useful crafts for Thanksgiving. I would prefer something a little easy that a Mommy can do with the kids.

Natalie from Jacksonville, FL

A good craft for young ones is making thankful turkeys. What you do is trace mommy's hand onto brown construction paper. Then trace baby or the kids hand around several different color construction papers. Next turn the mommy hand upside down and and glue the bottons of baby's hands to the rounded part of mommy's hand. Add a orange triangle to the mommy's thumb for a beak and trace eyes or use the wiggle eyes.

Then on each little finger ask the child what they are thankful for, for example, my mommy, for God, for hot water, for her doll house. Add orange feet to two of mommy's finger tips. If you put 2 these together you can laminate them and use them as placemats. Its a fun and easy idea. I did them with my oldest son while I was pregnant last year. I'll try to find it and take a picture to add so you know what they look like.

Pine cone turkeys

Indian vest (turn a paper grocery bag inside out, slit up the side and cut out the head hole and decorate)

trace the palm of their hands on colored

construction paper, draw eyes and mouth on the thumb to make a turkey

iron fall leaves between 2 rectangles of waxed paper for placemats

also see http://crafts.k  ys/thanksgiving/

Turn a pumpkin into a turkey. Cut out head, tail feathers, and wings from paper (even brown paper shoping bangs will work). Color them with markers and crayons. To attach them to the pumpkin, tape tooth-picks on them and just stick them in the pumpkin.

It dosen't have to look good, it only has to be fun!

I did this in about 30 minutes. It's a great project for moms and kids.

I had the rafia rings, but you can get them from 6" to 18" at the dollar tree. That is also where I got the veggies and leaves.

I wrapped some ribbon around it, added some buttons, and a fabric heart that used to be a pin.

All together, it might have cost me 2.00.

I keep it on my door from Sept to November, then the Holiday one comes out. I also have one for spring that is easter colors, and two for summer that are americana.

NOTE: If you have little ones, make sure you are in charge of the hot glue gun, and if you can, get the kind that has two settings.

One of the worst burns in my life came from holding down some lace that I had just glued, forgetting that I had changed the setting.