Watch Out for CD Maturity Dates

Make sure you check with whoever is holding your CD at maturity. If you do nothing, the financial institution could transfer your CD to a saving account rate, big loss of interest and still tie your money up for an extended period of time.

They almost got me on this one. The teller said "You snooze, you lose!". I cashed the CD in and I'm heading for the Credit Union.

By Bud from Bradenton, FL

Very good advice. They DID catch me last year, now I have to wait until 2009 to make a change.

My bank sends me a notice when my cd is due to expire and that the rate may change to a bit lower if I do not respond. So I wait till the day they indicate, walk the five blocks to the bank and in five minutes or less, have the better rate.

LI Roe

I have never had a CD, where the bank didn't notify me, when it was coming due...

Investing Strategies Stock Market Ticker
Investing Strategies
Budget & Finance InvestingJanuary 29, 2008
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Wrist Watch
Cleaning a Wrist Watch
Purple and Black wrist watch
Replacing a Watch Battery
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 18, 2016 at 2:21:08 AM on in 962 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.