Caring for a Norfolk Pine

I have a Norfolk pine that is now 10 years old and about 10 feet tall. It is a beautiful tree and one that I would hate to lose. It is dropping the needles that appear to be healthy, green, and lush, mainly on the lower limbs. It is putting out a new shoot at the top. It is in a well-lighted area and is watered about once a week soaking it to the bottom. I fertilize it about 4 times a year. Please help me save this tree. Thanks!

By Kaye from Louisville, KY

You most likely need to cut back on the watering. either less water the once a week or give it a little longer between watering and never let any water sit in the tray or saucer that is under it. Good luck.

Norfolk pine when healthy.
Caring for a Norfolk Pine
Home and Garden Gardening Trees Tree HealthNovember 28, 2010
Pine needle bunches tied with fabric.
Crafts Using Pine Needles
Pine Cones
Getting Seeds From Pine Cones
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
Norfolk pine when healthy.
Norfolk Pine Needles Turning Brown