Check With Multicultural Families About Halloween

I work in a multicultural school with many beliefs and holidays. I find a Fall Festival is the best thing to do if you have a lot of different faiths. Put out a questionnaire at the start of school. You will find that many let their children have parties because they like American traditions. Good luck

By Doreen from Michigan

I think that everyone should be reminded that, with rare exceptions, Halloween is NOT considered a religious holiday in the US at all. It is more like an American Karnivale or Mardi Gras! The same is true for many of the secular expressions of Xmas. The Christmas tree is not a religious symbol, per se - nor wreaths nor most of our holiday decor.

Wow! You are lucky! If I headed such a school, I would celebrate every cultural holiday with full participation from all the students; but I would cut the religious aspects down to ten percent and increase the fun aspects ninety percent.

Jewish holidays, Catholic, Protestant, Hindu, Muslim, Buddist, Mormon, you name the religion or culture and go with the flow. This would not only be fun but uniting and more importantly, a learning experience. Thanks for reading!

Signed: Joseph Raglione

Executive director: The World Humanitarian Peace and Ecology Movement. A generic and non-profit international organization.

Halloween is not associated with any religion that I know about. It is now considered pagan. I can see where some uninformed people might think Halloween is Christian, but it is not. As a matter of fact, some Christians will not allow their children to participate in this holiday as it is against the Christian religion.

Did you know that people in the Jewish faith have a fall festival. Forgive me for the spelling, but I believe it is called Succoth. It is a fall or booth festival.

I agree with the person who responded previously to your post. Halloween is indeed a celebration much like Mardi Gras. I think we should celebrate our differences rather than dilute them to nothingness.

WArm regards,

Holidays and Parties Halloween PartiesOctober 23, 2007
Background Check
Know What Information Is In Your Background Check
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
A Christmas wreath made from neckties.
Crafts Using Neckties
Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Saigon Style
Making Vietnamese Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)
🎉
🎄