Sink Isn't Draining

I have a single sink with a garbage disposal. The water does not drain unless I turn on the disposal. I already had someone check the elbow underneath and everything, but it's clear. The water does drain when it's on. I don't understand what's happening. Can anybody help me, please?

By Becs from Los Angeles, CA

Answers

November 30, 2010 Flag

I have a 5/8 hp disposal in a single bowl sink, that won't clear out. Water accumulates in the sink, and when I turn on the disposal, it clears out almost all of the water, but won't allow water to pass down the drain without turning it on. Any suggestions?

Danny from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Sink Isn't Draining

Try cleaning out your sink trap or elbow. (04/17/2008)

Sink Isn't Draining

This past January I was at a friend's house who had a sink full of water. She had a built in dishwasher. The plumber was on the way and then arrived and ran "hot water" into the side without the garbage disposal until the clog was gone. The water from the dishwasher drains into the side of the food disposal and builds up grease.

Hope this works for others. (04/24/2008)

By Mary W

Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousNovember 30, 2010
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
yellow slime mold on mulch
Getting Rid of Slime Mold
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄