Controling Garter Snakes In Doorway

I have a problem with garter snakes between my storm door and the door to my house on the lower level. They like to lie there to sun themselves. Also, they have been known to have their young in the crack between the concrete pavement and the cement slab of the basement for the house. It is very annoying. I'd appreciate any input anyone might have as this problem is recurring yearly. Thanks in advance.

Hardiness Zone: 5b

Carol from Wyoming, PA

If you don't have other pets, mothballs or flakes will repel these snakes.

When I lived in Arkansas, we used Sevin Dust. It's a powder you sprinkle around your yard or house to keep the bugs and crawly critters away. You can buy it at Wal-Mart, any home improvement store, Ace Hardware ect...

A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
Home and Garden Pest Control SnakesSeptember 3, 2007
Florida pine snake
Identifying Florida Snakes
Lace Garter Belt
Buying a Garter Belt
A Non-Poisonous Garter Snake.
Identifying Non-Poisonous Snakes
Deterring Snakes