Extend Your Dryers Life

Wash the lint catcher in your dryer in hot water with an old tooth brush every 4 to 6 months. You will be surprised how much of a build up you get from it. Also, it can lower your power bill and extend the life of your dryer. It also will prevent fires.

Source: My sister.

By Sandy from Nova Scotia, Canada

You'd be surprised at how many homes have been destroyed by dryers, especially by letting a dryer run while away from home. Make sure you not only clean out your lint trap, also disconnect the hose at the back of your dryer and thoroughly clean that out. When we owned our own home I regularly removed the lint trap on the back of the house and kept that free from lint as well.

Good tips! Here's a link for a dryer vent cleaning tool, great way to prevent a fire & give yourself a little reassurance. I ordred mine today!

When I am filling the washer and switched the load in the washer to the dryer, I dip my hand into the water and then swip the lint tray, makes it much easier to catch it, flip it in the trash basket.

This absolutely works! I had no idea mine was even clogged, because I clear the filter after every load of laundry. To test it, I took the filter, and tried to run a soft stream of water through it, and the water floated on the top. After scrubbing it, the water just runs right through. My dryer time dropped in half of where it had gotten to. Great tip!

That is SO smart! Thanks for the tip! I will try it.

I use a little dish detergent and a small scrub brush to clean mine. Then I make sure the water runs through it before I put it back. Really works. Amazing how those dryer sheets can put a film on lint catcher!

Thanks for the reminder - going to clean mine now. lol.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesNovember 25, 2008
Black Hair Dryer
Cleaning Your Hair Dryer
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine
hair dryer
Caring for Hair Care Appliances
Woman Wiping Down Wood Cabinet With Yellow Cloth
Homemade Wood Cleaners