Get Every Bit Out Of The Lotion Bottle

To get that last bit of lotion (or whatever) out of the bottle, heat one cup of water in a two-cup measuring cup, in the microwave for a minute or two. Then set the almost-empty bottle in the hot water and let it sit for a few minutes.

Swish it around every once in awhile, and pretty soon the lotion will be nice and liquified and easy to pour out. You can pour it into another lotion bottle, or into another smaller container with a top that you can reach the bottom of with your fingers (baby food jars are great for this!). Of course, if you put it into another container, remember to label the container with the contents!

Source: Absolute frustration and unwillingness to throw away several ounces of really good hand lotion.

By Eileen from Elk Grove, CA

Great tip - gave you a thumbs up! I am with you on this one. Also, as you may already know, but for those that don't, I cut the end off the tubes of creams when I can't get any more out. I keep cutting the end off as I use up the cream. Sometimes there with be more than a months worth of product stuck to the sides of the tube. You can put the cut off end back over the tube to keep it from drying out.

Great solution to an aggravating problem. I figured out how to get the last bits from tubes, like Eileen said. But the thick plastic bottles are another story. I usually resort to putting it upside down & tapping it hard on the counter, this works pretty well. But, now with your great tip I will get it all! (Can you tell I hate waste?!) lol

Thanks for sharing.

God Bless.

Trish in CT

That is a good idea. I usually just store the product upside down and that helps get most of the product where you can use it up.

Tried the "setting" in heated water and got it all out! Why didn't I think of that?

Anonymous

This is the only method that really works.

Or use a serrated knife to cut the bottle down to the top of the lotion and then just scoop it out

I tried all the other ways, and found them to be imprecise and messy. Now, I just poke a little hole in the plastic bottle low enough for the pump to reach the bottom, and pump away till it's empty.