Paint Color Scheme for a Tri-Level House

I live in a 1986 tri-level home. I have all white walls. I want to paint the walls but I am not sure what colors to use. The main living area has the living room, dining room, and kitchen. The rooms all run together. The stairs to go up and down stairs also run together with the main living area. So if any one has any ideas please let me know. I don't have any color theme so color is needed.

By Chrissie

I painted my living room, kitchen, hallway and bedroom the colors of fall leaves which is my favorite time of the year. just choose colors that make you happy. unless you have white cabinets, when you choose the color for your kitchen, tape a few different shades to the cabinets to make sure you get the right match. hope this helps you. Have fun.

If the rooms are open and run together like that, the best solution is to paint all walls the same color to unify them. You can make the rooms look separate by accessorizing them with different colors. For example, if you like a light sage green, paint the rooms that color, then add browns to the living room with pillows, throws, vases, etc. You may want to use reds or rusts in the dining area for a bold statement; and decide on blues in the kitchen area. You may also want to carry one accent color throughout the three areas, then add different secondary accent colors to each individual room. Color and decorations are a very personal thing, so it's kind of hard to give anyone advice on that. Just go with what you love, and buy it over time.

I have the same type of home, and it is still all white. However, I had thoughts of painting it different colors. I think it would look quite nice with harmonizing colors. I was going to go with a cream on most walls, with a sage green accent wall in the entry(that wall would be what you see when you enter the house), and a deep red accent wall in the living room.

As long as you paint smaller lengths of wall, from corner to corner, you can go with another color. What you can't do is paint half a wall one color and the other half another color. I think that would look odd. That being said, I have a chair rail in the kitchen part, and that is green at the moment. The stairs divide the lower half of the kitchen from the living room. You have to make sure that your colors are from the same color group.

Most paint stores will have booklets and paint chips that will give you advice on which colors go together. Bigger specialty stores may even have people who know something about this!!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJuly 22, 2011
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
Tri-Beads
Crafts Using Tri-Beads
beads
Making Tri-Bead Keychains
Photo of a colorful area rug.
Color Advice for Area Rugs
🎉
🎄