Milk Jug Lights

By StellaBell 179 147

Materials

Line of lighted jugs outside.

Instructions

Rinse out your jugs and let dry. If it is windy in your area, you may want to put sand or rocks in the bottom of the jugs to keep them in place. Place one light into the mouth of each jug.

By Stella

Showing: Comments Sort

By Julie 48 563 Flag

that is so pretty and such a unique way of lighting. i will be giving this a try. thanks for sharing this wonderful idea! :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By audrie12 6 16 Flag

very pretty, alot of people line them up along their walks or driveways.

Audrie

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

How do you get the different colors?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Julie 48 563 Flag

you say "place one light into the mouth of the jug" do you put the lids on to by having the hole for the light drilled threw the lid? How long (hours) have you kept yours lit to know if they do not get to hot for the plastic? I'm assuming you let the light bulb hang down inside sort of mid air so its not touching? Painting a picture on the outside would look pretty I bet. Can't wait to try this.Need to buy lots of milk now. I wonder if any places give you there empty jugs to save time on collecting them yourself so you can get them put up sooner?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Go out on a recycle pick up day and collect your milk jugs there. I got a LOT when I needed them for another project. People drink lots of milk out there!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By suzanne 277 750 Flag

vicky.. you can use different colored bulbs in each one

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

When I use these as my decorations, I fill the bottles partially with water. In my area, the water freezes and creates a weight in the bottles. You just loosely hang the lights in the top of the bottle. This is good decoration when they are to be seen from a distance.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By LEONA LABINE 46 398 Flag

I did this up my driveway and it looks really nice.

I made mine a little different. I cut the top off of the milk jug and used the square bottom. I got 2-8foot 2x4's and stapled the lights to it. Then I cut slits on the milk jugs and stapled them over each light. When the holidays are over I store them in the rafters of my garage for next year.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan Greer 12 Flag

PICO ... I LIKE YOUR IDEA. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU GET TO A BURNED OUT BULB TO REPLACE IT.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By badwater 263 654 Flag

I've seen these before, but never knew how to do them. Looked great!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lynn 2 5 Flag

would not these look great with a stenciled picture of the ocassion like tree for christmas (or santa and his reindeer flying) how about hearts for Valatines day, bells for a night time wedding, baby rattles or buggies for a baby shower given at night? So many possiblities.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Plastic Milk Jug
Crafts Using Milk Jugs
Previous
Crafts Christmas DecorationsNovember 21, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Plastic Milk Jug
Crafts Using Milk Jugs
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:07:48 AM on 10.0.2.235 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings