Browsing: Uses for Paper Towel Holders

Paper Towel Rack in the Bathroom

Install a simple paper towel holder like you have in the kitchen in each bathroom. Mine are installed on the side of the vanity on what would otherwise be dead space. Keep a roll of paper towels on it, and hang a spray bottle of multi-purpose cleaner from the side for quick instant cleanups. Forgo the spray cleaner if you have small children who might grab for it, however.

By Linda from Vista, CA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Paper towel is an expensive waste. Micro-fiber cloth does a better job and can be washed and re-used thousands of times. Dilute your all-purpose cleaner at least four times if you use micro-fiber cloth, or use plain water. Micro fiber cloth also beats paper by a long shot when it comes to soaking up spills.

Keep in mind that paper is an abrasive! For coated glasses or cameras never use paper, always use a guaranteed non-abrasive soft cloth like any of the micro-fiber cloths.

A one square foot micro-fiber cloth dries me after a shower, then I can use the still dry towel just for exercising the skin.

I know I sound like a new convert, but I have been using micro-fiber cloths for six years and would be lost without them.

I get them at wholesale price from http://the-cloth.com . There is a lot of good info about micro-fiber cloths on that site. Even if you buy them at retail price locally, you'll find a lot of tips at that site.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http://webby.com/humor

Why not just put a old facecloth or cleaning rag overtop of the bottle of cleaner you choose to clean with and place under the sink? That way it is out of sight when you have company and makes less "mess" or stuff in view when you are in the bathroom each day.

I also agree, why waste money on paper towels?

While visiting a relative, I noticed she has a paper towel holder in her bathroom. I'd never thought of this. She said she's never regretted putting it in there, especially when her hubby goes in there with greasy hands from working outside. Also, helps on laundry.

By Terri H.

I did this for years and years until the price of paper towels went up one year to the point where I said, no more. I put a hook where the rack was, on the inside of the cabinet door and use old small hand towels...my guys use this to wipe up the water, etc. around the sink and also if their hands are particularly messy...my next step will be to elimante them in the kitchen, which will be quite a withdrawal..since I have been using them since 1964!!

I have read that, by using a hand towel over and over, as we all do in the bathroom, we are just spreading germs onto our clean hands. So, I think your idea would be a good one to replace hand towels - I may do that! You can find really inexpensive paper towel at dollar stores that is sufficient for drying your hands and/or face.

Ribbon stored on a paper towel holder
Uses for Paper Towel Holders
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomOctober 29, 2004
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 9, 2016 at 12:35:36 AM on 10.0.0.194 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.