Pattern for Jacket Made from Towels

Many years ago when I was a child my grandmother had a jacket that was made from towels. It opened down the front and each side was a towel edge so there was no need to finish them off. I think the collar was pointed in the back. I know she must have had a pattern but I surely can't find one now. Does anybody have one or know where I may be able to locate one? It would be perfect to wear around the house on chilly days.

Judi from Elgin, Oregon

I did several searches on Google and can't believe that I found this pattern. I hope this is what you're looking for.

http://www.ez-fit.com/bath_towel_robe.cfm

Did you ever find a pattern for this. I have one my mom made for me but would like to make more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbian7/sets/765026/

This site has some more pictures of the robe you are referring to. If you click on them it enlarges them. With this and the directions from the other person, I hope you are able to figure out how to make them.

Harriet

Looking for that same pattern. It was a simple design. My sister was making them for "bed jackets" back when she was a candy striper. It was basic towel cuts with a point in the back - no raw edges.

I have the pattern you are talking about. When I was growing up our neighbor gave my mother the pattern. She made us each one.

I would love a copy of your pattern .My daughter and I both had one our friend made and would love to make another.

stack of towels
Making a Jacket from Towels
Crafts SewingNovember 16, 2007
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
Stack of Colorful Towels
Craft Uses for Towels
🎉
🎄