KitchenProduct Reviews

KitchenAid Mini Bowl 11 Cup Review

Product: KitchenAid Food Processor

Model: KFP6000B Mini Bowl 11 cup

Manufacturer: KitchenAid

Comments: This food processor has a problem with its plastic top and bowl. Although the instructions indicate dishwasher safe on top rack, I found that when joined afterwards during processing, I couldn't get them apart.

I had to wait for DH to come home from work (and rescue dinner). He figured that the plastic molds were slightly different sizes stretched by use and that's what was causing the problem.

Although KitchenAid sent me different lids, each one had the same sticking problem. Their customer service reps didn't believe me after the third request.

Handwashing did not produce this effect.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have put the food processor in the dishwasher within the first week of purchase, discovered the defect and returned it posthaste to the store.

Also, it comes with a cute little mini work bowl. Not so wonderful, because the outer bowl still needs washing after using the mini.

That's a lot of aggravation for $200 that I didn't need! When it breaks, I am going to return to Cuisinart's food processors.

The lesson to be learned is that the moment you purchase an appliance, put it through it's paces so it can be returned within alloted limits, if need be.

Holly Gates from Richardson, TX

I am glad you posted this review and advice about using an appliance immediately to discover any possible defects! That is the food processor I thought about buying. I won't waste my money!

I just wanted to come back to this post and say that I ended up buying a new electric chopper that I'm quite satisfied with. It is a 3 cup capacity Proctor Silex with a 135 watt motor, 2 pulse controls, #72440. It was $14.97 at Wal-Mart. I've only used for onions so far but it works really well....& fast!

I would have to disagree with Holly. I have owned my KitchenAid food processor for over twenty years! I put the plastic in the dishwasher regularly (though not always), and I have never had a problem.