Thick Noodles for Soup

I am looking for a thick noodle to add to chicken noodle soup. I've had it at restaurants; it's like a thick fettuccine noodle. Any ideas?

Nancy from Palatine, IL

Sounds like egg noodles or egg noodle dumplings to me.

I use Reames frozen noodles when I make homemade chicken and noodle soup. Look in frozen food area and you can see if these are what you are looking for. When I make my chicken base I make a large amount and freeze what I am not using at the time. That way I have the chicken base and just add more chicken broth and the noodles for a quick soup. Reames are great and easy. k

Sounds like egg noodles to me, too :-) I like to use spirals in soup ...

Sounds like homemade noodles. Simple to do. One egg to one cup flour plus a 1/4 tsp salt. Mix together to make a dough you can roll out. Knead it a little and then roll it out thinly and slice it as wide as you like. Let the noodles dry before boiling them. My kids love homemade noodles in soup or with sauce, etc.

I think what you are looking for is called "kluski noodles". They are a egg noodle that is very similar to homemade.

What you want are called Klusky noodles. Amish noodles are also a thick noodle. I have a delicious ham/noodle casserole that calls for the Klusky noodles.

Yep, sounds like homemade noodles. I make them.. dry them a short time, and drop them in soup or broth. No matter how thin i roll them out, they still end up thick. We love them. They are filling and so tasty. Easy to make. Basically they are flour, some eggs, and tiny bit of water. Most recipes online will give you the portions.

Perhaps you are looking for linguine. Hope this helps.

I'm in the Atlanta, GA area, and we have noodles or dumplings in the frozen section of the grocery store. They're usually close to the frozen breads/rolls/biscuits. There are 2-3 kinds, and I use them for chicken and dumplings. So much easier than making your own! Good luck!

Thank you all so much!

They aren't real thick but you can use flour tortilla wrappers.

If you want to ROLL them out mix:

2 cups self rising flour with

1 cup Hot broth and mix with a fork QUICKLY.

Place on floured surface and roll 1/2 as thick as you want them to be [as they fluff up] Cut into wide or thin strips and drop as long of a piece as you want into the boiling broth and cook till they float and have a shine to them. Hope you enjoy them. Mary Belle

Hello you are definitely talking about egg noodles and they can be found in the grocery store by the pasta. When you make your Chicken Noodle Soup and it's almost done, scramble up 2 eggs and pour it in the soup pot and mix together, you then will have Egg Drop Chicken Noodle Soup which is so good. Enjoy!

Kluski noodles are very good in chicken noodle soup, they are a little thicker and taste really good in the soup. My grandmother also makes whats called "spetzles" you just take flour, egg, and a little salt and mix together until very thick and then you spoon drop them in boiling water and when they rise they are done. They are very good in potato soup, chicken noodle soup, and even good if you fry them up in some butter and even add some garlic salt and onions.

It could be FUN noodles which are flat and wide and just great. Go to an Asian store and ask for them. They use them to make Beef Fun Chow. Or, do what I do and buy wide egg noodles at the grocery store.

Cooking Soup in Dutch Oven
Cooking Soups And Stews
Food and Recipes Food Tips SoupNovember 4, 2008
Pool Noodles
Uses for Pool Noodles
Chicken and Noodles
Chicken and Noodles Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Homemade Noodles
Making Homemade Noodles
🎉
🎄