Shoulder Pad Angel Christmas Ornament

My friend made me two Christmas ornaments from shoulder pads, she had removed from her clothing. Really cute.

She covered the pads with white material, then again with white netting or lace. She glued a medium sized craft clothes pin, (not the spring kind) which she had painted white. She also gathered net or lace, attached with small dot of hot glue at back, around the middle of the pin for a skirt. Then painted a pink face on the top and added some embroidery thread for hair. Then she placed a small gold band attached to a short piece of pipe stem cleaner and glued to the back of pin to make a halo.

Next she added a pipe stem cleaners for arms, she added net sleeves on one, glued to the back of pin. Hot glued the pin body in the middle of pad which made shoulder pad the wings to an angel. Added a braided thread or folded thin ribbon to back of pad to hang the ornament on the tree.

These can be dressed and decorated, fancy or plain to suit your taste. I gave one to each of my two grandchildren. I used a mark-a-lot and attached their names on small cloth label and the date I gave them.

By Gladys H.

Do you have a picture/ Sounds cute.