Storing Seasonal Clothes

Since I have the space, I keep my late fall and winter clothes on one side of the closet and the spring, summer, and early fall clothes on the other side. Without this space, I would store them in a plastic bin with cedar to deter bugs.

By Raelene from Clarksville, TN

I have used dryer sheets in the same way for years off and on. I have also heard, some talk about people having problems using everyday items or coming into contact with common substances due to "Multiple Chemical Sensitivity". Things like plastic, synthetic fabric, smoke, pesticide, petroleum products, scented products, and paints.

So, if you happen to not be so easily accosted by the things mentioned above, I would suggest giving the dryer sheets a try. However if they aren't an option for you I would then suggest trying lavender (for the ladies) or cedar chips (for the gents) in a small mesh bag to store with the seasonal items you want to be fresh.

That being said please note...

"MCS is a controversial diagnosis symptoms may be vague and non-specific, such as nausea, fatigue, and headaches. MCS is not recognized as an organic, chemical-caused illness by the American Medical Association."

June 6th, 2010

I use the "bags" that comforter sets come in. They close using the zipper. They do hold a lot of clothes.

Organized Winter Sweaters
Organizing Seasonal Clothing
Organizing StorageMay 27, 2010
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Woman Holding Up Shirt With Iron Burn
Wrinkle Free Clothes Without Ironing
A woman looking sad in winter.
Tips for Dealing With Seasonal Affective Disorder
Diagram of how to make a clothes pin rocking chair.
Making a Clothes Pin Chair