Sadie (Terrier Mix)

Sadie, we guess, is about 5 years old. We rescued her from a shelter a couple of years ago, and the vet guessed she was two at the time. She is such a joy. She is a Terrier mix, although since I am usually allergic, and am not allergic to Sadie, I think she has some LLaso, in her as well.

We rescued Sadie from a long beach shelter. My son went to a summer camp there where they learn to train and care for dogs. We found Sadie on his last day at camp and could not leave that little sweetie behind. She loves to chase around a ball in the house, has a squeaky toy she loves, and just loves to sit on your lap and cuddle as well.

About a year ago, my husband and daughter took Sadie on her nightly walk, on a leash as always, and a dog from a home jumped over their fence and attacked her. It was quite traumatic for all, and after $1,000 vet bill and stitches, she has recovered. The owner even paid us back over time for the bills. It is a reminder to be careful while walking around, we live in a beach community where houses are close together. Be careful sending your kids out to walk the dogs alone, you never know! She has recovered nicely. We have since adopted one more, a buddy for her, but that will be another entry.

By Kat from Long Beach, CA

Huzzah for Sadie!

Sadie FTW

What a precious furbaby and so lucky to have such good parents to rescue her and give her such a good home!

Aww. What a sweet little baby she is, and am so glad she recovered from her attack. I love the pic you submitted. Thanks for sharing her with us.

What lovely girl Sadie is. I am so glad that she recovered from her attack. Thank you for the reminder to be careful with our furbabies.

Love her pose. She is such a cute dog with a sweet lil face. Glad to hear that she is well and that the people took responsibility for the bill. That a was a good reminder about kids walking dogs, too.

We had a similar attack experience. My daughter was walking her dog, and 2 cats jumped out of the bushes. One ran away and the other attacked him and then ran away. = $ trip to the vet. Lucky for him he has a long snout (he's a pit bull rescue) or he'd have sustained eye damage. I had major concerns about rabies (the dog's shots are up to date but the cat is unknown), but so far he's recovered nicely and took a course of antibiotics at the time for preventative measures.

What an adorable little dog. Thanks so very much for the helpful information.

Lil' Saders

I have 2 litter mate sisters (terrier mixes = part Maltese or Bichon?) who were rescues. They are quite like Sadie, just more white, same expression on their faces and same sweet personalities! Thanks for sharing with us. Nancy in NC

Photos Pets DogsOctober 27, 2009
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
a girl in a formal dress
Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins
Yorkshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄