Roasted Chicken With Cracker Crumbs and Stock for Sandwiches

My mother used to do chicken sandwiches from scratch. She would clean and cook the whole chicken in a roaster. I know she added cracker crumbs and chicken stock, but I am not sure what else she added.

She would cook the chicken for several hours, remove the meat and skin from the bone, remove the bone. After shredding the meat she put the meat back in with the ingredients. Does anyone have a recipe that is similar to this. It is the extra seasoning and ingredients I am not sure of.
Thanks for any help.
Ginger

By Ginger from OH

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I use a box of Stove Top stuffing and chicken broth. It gives it just the right amount of seasoning. If it's too thick, add more stock. I have also used the heels of bread I keep in the freezer and poultry seasoning and salt to taste but I prefer Stove Top.

Chicken Sandwich on White Background
Chicken Sandwich Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches ChickenOctober 12, 2010
Cracker Crumbs on Wooden Cutting Board
Using Cracker Crumbs
A bowl of potato chips.
Recipes Using Potato Chips
chicken tomato risotto
Recipes Using Chicken Stock
Cheesecake with a graham cracker crumb crust.
Saving Money on Graham Cracker Crumbs
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:41:14 PM on 10.0.2.47 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.