Decorate Shoe Boxes For Storage

Save old shoe boxes and paint them to match your decor. You can have your children paint them with fun designs and notes. Either way, they look great and they are much cheaper compared to store bought boxes and baskets.

By Amy from Olathe, KS

I save all my shoe boxes for Operation: Christmas Child. You can find this on the Billy Graham Ministries.We collect all kinds of goodies to fill the boxes. toys, games, flash cards, match box cars....

In October the boxes are collected and sent all over the world. Many of these children have never given a CHRISTmas gift. We put a letter with our return address on it. Sometimes we get a response, sometimes we don't. Many of these children and their family members can't read or write. They usually look for someone to help read our letter and write a response. It makes my heart feel good to surprise someone who is in need. We have so much and there are so many who need to know that some one cares about them. It also helps to spread the love of Jesus.

If you're going to use them for storage, try to get boxes that are the same (or same size). Shoe stores don't mind giving you old boxes, so it may be easier to get them than you think.

I've also used shoe boxes for childrens birthday loot instead of bags.

To Amy, In Kansas,

I love your idea for decorating old shoe boxes. I have this habit of buying shoes and collecting the shoe boxes. But have never found a great use for them. Now I have! Thanks for sharing

Hugs,

Jackie Hunt

From Norton, Ma

Thank you for the tip never thought of painting them. I am thinking about maybe painting them & pasting some neat pictures to them and spraying them with a clear coat poly. Liz

Empty shoebox waiting for a new use.
Uses for Shoe Boxes
Crafts Crafts For KidsApril 5, 2007
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
🎉
🎄