FurnitureCrafts

Changing Drawer Facing on Bedroom Furniture Set

I have 3 pieces of bedroom furniture I do not want to get rid of. I am turning an old dresser into a dining room buffet, any ideas are welcome, I would like to change drawer facing, but would need the inside to function as such. Right now it is a 6 drawer long dresser. The 2nd piece is a 5 drawer chest of drawers. The 3rd is a very high 6 drawer chest, with a long door on opposite side of the front. Thank you in advance for any ideas, pictures, and advice!

Nailbean from Odenton, MD

You can paint them or you can change the hardware or go to a hardware store and get some molding and attach them to the drawer face with small nails in a square or rectangle. Or all three if you are energetic.

I saw this change made with fabric on a tv show. They cut fabric that matched the drapes (or some other color in the room) & cut it about 2" larger all the way around than the drawer facing. Fold that 2" under and iron out all wrinkles totally. Carefully punch a hole for the handles and glue to the drawer. It was surprisingly attractive. You probably need to use a piece of sandpaper to rough up the drawer front so the fabric will stick easily.

Have you considered peel and stick tile cut to fit and holes cut for handles, I'd replace the knobs and handles, you'd be amazed what paint and new hardware can do! There's also wallpaper, Mactac style self-adhesive paper. I like the idea of faux suede padded then put on with furniture tacks in a pattern that pleases u.