Set Up a Kids Christmas Tree

As empty nesters with a house emptied out, I decided to do something new this Christmas. Having just given our sun room a make-over, into a den just for us, I thought of putting up 2 trees, as each had access to a big window and these are the two rooms we spend our time in (living and den). The living room tree is more traditional, and little people digging under it was always a harrowing experience!

No one loves their grandchildren more than I; I decided to put the other tree in the den, and decorate it with whatever came to mind; toys, homemade decorations, things I dug out of my craft basket; a Dollarama Santa on top; even the little tin watering cans looked great, and anything else anyone, large or small cared to put on it! With all the kids and grandkids gifts under it, it looked inviting, and gave them a place to play safely as well! I decorated the room with a few musical decorations, and we put animated srceensavers on our desktops, to top it off; a box of candy canes on the tree and we were good to go!

Happy New Year!

By Debbie from Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia

Thats a great idea. I have tomato cages that I decorate for the front porch. I turn them upside down and decorate with whatever I want. They are easy to pick up and move veery easily. From sandycrafty1 AT yahoo.com

My grandchildren are all very young and can't keep their hands off the ornaments. Since I have many fragile ornaments (some expensive), I have started setting up a second tree just for the kids. I use a 4 foot tree and put it on the floor. I put a basketful of nonbreakable ornaments on the floor beside it. I have the best fun watching them decorate, undecorate, redecorate (etc., etc.) the tree.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeJanuary 22, 2009
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Picking a Christmas Tree
Picking a Christmas Tree
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🎄