Starting a Cleaning Business

I am currently a stay at home mum going to college and would like to start a cleaning houses. What are the rates around Bordentown and do I need a license to do that? I really need help in figuring it out as I am ready to start working. I am very hard working and reliable. Just send me a mail and I will be there.

By Gloria from Bordentown, NJ

A friend does house and office cleaning but not as a business per se. She did apply for the bank cleaning job, but had plenty of experience from cleaning at a motel. The few houses she does is by word of mouth. She's good and very thorough and with house cleaning charges $5 over minimum wage and a kenneled of 4 hours.

I pay twenty an hour to someone who does more and better in less time than expected. I am so happy with the sparkle she brings to the home.

March 27, 2011 Flag

I'm planning to start a house cleaning business in southern California. What type of licenses/other start ups do I need and where do I do this? How much will it cost. I'm just starting slow doing a few houses per week.

By puffinsmom from RSM, CA

Answers:

Starting a Cleaning Business

When starting a small business you need to go to the county office building for a license. A little FYI you need to be bonded in case you break something. I paid 30.00 for my license for jewelry making. Also go to a tax office and find out what you can deduct on your taxes: your car, mileage or general (repairs, oil changes, etc.) a room in your home that you own, where you store your business items.

Car deduction is tricky you have to have a base than your mileage is counted from base to the job, for example I do catering for a restaurant not my own business. I drive 30 miles to pick up the food and deliver it with my own car. On my taxes I can only count the miles from the restaurant to the venue, so I charge my boss a delivery fee.

I am also tax exempt when I buy my product to make my jewelry, but then have to pay taxes on the finished product that I sell. All this is a little different than what you are doing, but it is a wise idea to look into. (10/16/2010)

By leekelly

October 13, 2010 Flag

I have a cleaning business and would like to get new customers, but I don't have a price list. I need help in this regard.

By Patrick from Loganville, GA

Answers:

Starting a Cleaning Business

List your cleaning services. (01/27/2010)

By Suntydt

January 27, 2010 Flag

Where can I find information about a cleaning list for a new cleaning business? I know how to clean, but want to make sure I don't miss anything pertinent. Also, what do you think of the name "Clean As A Whistle Cleaning Service" for the name of my cleaning business? Thanks for your help.

By Sharon from Defuniak Springs, FL

Answers:

Starting a Cleaning Business

I am not sure what you mean by a "cleaning list". Do you mean cleaning product list, check list of things to clean and/or price list for cleaning?

The name "Clean As A Whistle" for a cleaning business would definitely catch my eye. (11/13/2009)

By Deeli

Starting a Cleaning Business

You would do best to start your own cleaning list. Sit down with a pad and pencil, pick a room and write down everything you would do to clean it. Then another room. Or make a list of different types of rooms and then start with the first one and everything you would do to clean it, eg. kitchen, dining room, breakfast bar, den, living room, sunroom, game room, sewing room, family room, bedroom, bathroom, sauna/whirlpool room, walk in closet, cupboard, bar, pool room, indoor swimming pool area, play room, porch, attic, basement, furnace room, and root cellar.

Pick whether you will clean these rooms or not and then list what you will clean in that particular room.

Once you have your room list, give each room a page of its own in a notebook and list what you will clean, how you will clean it, and what you will clean it with. You can also consider shed, garage and hot/green house cleaning. This will be invaluable when a customer asks how or what you clean with. Consider different types of cleaning: el cheapo, thorough, disinfected cleaning, and allergen cleaning.

Making yourself available to clean what most cleaning places don't will make you more valuable.

Oh yeah, I think you posted you have a name, but I thought of "Godliness Cleaning". (11/13/2009)

By Suntydt

November 10, 2009 Flag

I am looking to start a cleaning business and not sure if I should go into just cleaning offices, or cleaning out homes after people move out and before others move in. Anyone have any experience or advice on this to share?

March 6, 2008 Flag

How much do you house cleaners charge and hour for dusting, changing linens, making a bed, mopping, bathroom cleaning, dishes and vacuuming, and other light housekeeping duties?

A woman who owns a cleaning business.
Starting a Cleaning Business
Business and Legal BusinessMarch 27, 2011
beautifully designed kitchen
Starting an Interior Design Business
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
A young clothing designer.
Starting a Clothing Business
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business
🎉
🎄