Cheese Potato Balls

• 2 cups cold stiff mashed potatoes
  • 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
  • 1 Tbsp. melted margarine
  • 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • Ad
  • 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 2 Tbsp. water
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 beaten egg

Add to the mashed potatoes the chopped onion that has been sauteed in the melted margarine. Blend in cheese. Divide mixture into 8 portions of 1/4 cup each. Shape into balls and roll in fine bread crumbs to coat. Add water and salt to beaten egg. Dip crumb coated balls into egg mixture and then roll again in dry bread crumbs. Place balls on greased cookie sheet. Bake in 400 degree F oven 10-12 minutes or until coating is crisp and potato balls are heated through. Makes 4 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Robin I just wanted to let you know I so enjoy following your recipes on here. I lived all my life on our family farm in Letts, IA until moving to Knoxville, TN 6 years ago. I think it is so funny that now that I'm in TN I found you here on ThriftyFun. Just 2 gals from small SE Iowa towns. Grew up going to dr, hospital and church in Washington. Dr Friers and Marion Ave Baptist Church. God bless!

Fried Potato Balls
Potato Ball Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes AppetizersMarch 12, 2011
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipes
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese