Gluing Sand to Wood

I am trying to glue sand onto a wood block, but the sand won't stay. Any ideas how to maybe create an almost cement out of the sand so it can be molded to wood, harden, and still appear to be sand?

By rubes22 from Boston, MA

Is this a large project? Or a crafty one? Epoxy would do it I think if you let it set. It takes 24 hours for it to dry. How important is the texture? You could spray a fixative over it to protect it. Buy in any quilting shop, but the hardware stores may have it as well or a hobby shop.

I have Glued sand to Masonite, I brushed on wood glue quite thick dumped on the sand and let it sit till morning then dumped off the excess there was a couple places I had to add more glue and sand, other than that a turnout quite nice.

Just a thought - use sand colored paint and mix the sand with it! I have used white paint and mixed sand with it to paint my "snowmen" out of concrete blocks - except the sand darkens it, so I have to spray a coat of white over it - but looks like snow!

Pile of Sand
Crafts Using Sand
Crafts AdviceAugust 28, 2009
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
Gluing Puzzles Together
Gluing Puzzles Together
🎉
🎄