Text Yourself Reminders

Ever think of something when you are out, then forget it by the time you get home. I have solved that problem for me. I put my name and cell phone number in my contact list on my cell phone. When I think of something like what I need to do later,who I should call later, or something I need from the store, etc., I text myself a message. I can check the message at a later time. Sure is a big help with my senioritis.

By knitter926 from Bloomington, IL

Top Comment

My old cell used to have a notepad option and I used to leave myself messages all the time. I guess with the changes in technology your way would be more likely do-able.

Top Comment

I do this all the time, plus if no one's home I will call my landline and leave a voicemail reminder to myself (or several) and listen to the messages when I get home!

To text yourself:

-Find your contacts list (or address book) on your cell phone.

- Create a new contact, inserting your own name and telephone number.

- When you want to text yourself, find your name in your contacts (unless you put yourself on speedial :) and click to proceed to create a text message to send that person.

- Write your text message (notes, reminders, appointments, grocery list, whatever!) and send!

- In less than a minute or two you will receive a text message (from yourself) with your message.

Ta dah :)

I'm not a texter, but I can pass this on to my family who are. My way is to record a digital message on the notepad of my talking electronic organizer (kind of a PDA for the blind, but not quite.)

Don't forget reminder on a sticky note.
Creating Reminders for Yourself
Organizing Memory TricksOctober 20, 2010
Cross Stitch
Finding Cross Stitch Patterns
Plain M&Ms
Buying Personalized M&Ms
Note Written on Mirror
Using Your Bathroom Mirror for Reminders
baby girl in carseat
Remembering Your Baby in the Car
🎄