Removing Labels from Mailing Boxes

We have a daughter and her family who live 3000 miles away so I am always mailing packages. I also order many Christmas gifts, etc. and save the boxes to re-use. Removing the mailing labels has always been so annoying, but I happened to think of using my blow dryer to heat up the labels. Usually they peel right off! I was elated!

By Ann from Dublin, GA

I reuse a ton of boxes for Ebay and I find the easiest thing to do is undo the box, turn it inside out and tape it back up, only takes a couple of minutes. It is well worth the effort to do this since some boxes have a bar code printed right on the cardboard and can cause problems with the barcode readers used by the post office.

I have done this for years ... works like a charm!

Put a pressing cloth over the labels to be removed and using a warm iron, iron over it until you can peel it off.

Padded Envelope on White Background
Reusing Mailing Supplies
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 9, 2006
Padded Envelopes
Saving Money on Mailing Supplies
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes