Acai Berry Diet Supplements

Does is work like they say it does to lose weight or is it like every other diet product on the market?

By Ann from Ontario, Canada

No not really, my husband is Brazilian he grew up on the stuff. I will not help you loose weight but it is full of antioxidants. Sambazon is the company that we buy from. Its the real deal. There are some really cool studies about acai and cancer. I do believe that it is a great antioxidant but I would not waste your money on weight loss.

I have taken acai berry supplement for a month now, and I have not lose any weight. I brought minds from Wal-Green pharmacy.

It's just a weight loss sales ploy :-( And heaven forbid if you order it online from the wrong companies, like a friend of mine did, because they continued to charge her account each month and then she had to go through heck and back to get the money credited back to her via her credit card company. They actually issued her a new card number to be sure she wouldn't be charged again.

Thank you to all of you who answered this. I won't waste my money. I get lots of anioxidants in my fruits.

July 16, 2010 Flag

Do acai berry pills work for losing weight? Is this substance something you can find in other foods? If so, which foods do you eat to get these benefits?

Acai Berry Diet Supplements

I've started using it. You can buy the Spring Valley brand at Wal-mart. It's wild harvested and a gel capsule. It's much better than most I've seen. The one that advertises a sample is freeze dried and not in it's purest form. It's between $6 and $7 at Walmart.

I also use the organic flax oil from Walmart, and my better half uses the cod liver oil from there, too. It's the Spring Valley brand. Researching, we've found that all of these products are better than many that are sold in the health food stores.

Back to the Acai. I've been taking it for about a month and a half. I'm not sure about weight loss, but I do know that it seems to give me more energy. But I take several supplements, so it could be a combination of some of those. I always check at Wal-mart before I buy supplements anywhere else. 9 times out of 10, I've found a better product or at least a comparable one.

By jrenee

Only use Sambazon Acai....

Acai berries have the highest antioxidant content of any fruit on the planet. Very healthy. But, the area the berry is harvested from plays a very important role on whether you get good quality or inferior quality supplements. When this berry is harvested, it quickly degrades and will become rancid. Acai harvested in the Sambazon area is processed within 24 hours of picking, ensuring it remains fresh. Other areas process longer than 24 hours later, even while the berry is becoming rancid! Add to this the pickers in Sambazon are paid well and thus don't want to destroy the rain forest for other commercial interests for monetary advantage as they already consider the Acai berry as a cash crop! All Acai from this area is organic.

So, only accept Acai picked and processed from the Sambazon area and you will get a good fresh product. I've been using Acai for several years, if you buy the powder, the cost is much lower than the capsules, but the taste is terrible. I add mine to my juicing regiment and thus don't notice the taste. Here are a few links about this wonderful fruit. I would not buy Acai in juice form as it is believed to not be as good as the freeze dried powder and most juice makers don't use freeze dried in their juice.

Hope this helps!

Jim in Jax

By smartfell-r

February 25, 2009 Flag

Has anyone used the Acai Berry supplement and if so, did you lose any weight? I see the ads all around and wondering if this is something that could work for me? Thanks.

Carrie from NW

Acai Berry Diet Supplements

I haven't used them personally. The websites won't let you pay with pay pal. I have done some searching around and found out how they basically work. The supplements are suppose to help flush toxins and waste out of your body, and help reduce water retention. The weight lost isn't fat lost, it's all the gunk that is stuck in your intestines. So you do lose some weight, but your fat-muscle ratio stays the same. The same results can be had just by increasing your water intake.

It has been said that 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated, and when you are dehydrated, your body tries to hold onto water, hence the water retention. So increasing your water intake helps you lose weight in many ways, it flushes harmful toxins and waste from your system, eliminates bloat due to water retention, keeps your hunger in check without eating, helps your organs heal faster, and helps keep hormones in balance.

Since our bodies are made up mostly of water, we need a lot of it to keep healthy. So if you aren't getting the recommended amount of 8 glasses a day, try to work them in, it isn't very hard. Remember, the 8 glasses are supposed to be 8 oz glasses, and the standard cup usually holds 16-20 oz. So drink 3-4 of those a day, and you are pretty well covered. You will probably need to drink more than that to start off with, so your body gets rehydrated, and then cut back a bit.

While this will mean you have to go to the bathroom more often, that is the only way toxins and waste will get out of your system the way they are supposed to. If you combine increase of water intake with a bit more exercise, you will see the weight come off. Just remember that the more you exert yourself, the more water your body needs to stay hydrated and healthy.

By Ladyscorpio0088

Acai Berry Diet Supplements

Be careful! I got a "free sample" and paid $1 for shipping. The free sample is only 14 pills, and when you're supposed to take 2 pills twice a day, they hardly give you a good idea if they work or not. Also, once they got my card information, I was charged two $29.95 fees and later $85 for something that was in the fine print of the terms and conditions. I was on the phone for an hour getting very frustrated with the people. You can search on Google "acai berry scam" and read other people's issues with these companies.

My suggestion would be this: I've seen Acai Berry juice in the stores. I found it at Meijer in the juice aisle. Maybe this would be a good start. Or, if you can find it at a health food store, where you won't be signing: terms and conditions. That's what I would do.

If it works? I have no idea, got so frustrated and the trial wasn't enough to tell.

By Adrianne

Acai Berry Diet Supplements

I have used the MonaVie brand. I don't know that it will cause you to lose a lot of pounds. What the Acai berry does is help to cleanse your body in that your bowel movements become regular which empties your bowel system. Some people become packed with fecal matter. So according to your system your could lose up to, however, many pounds of fecal matter you have stored in your body. I think that a lot of us are looking for a quick fix and it simply is not there.

By Debra H

Acai Berry Diet Supplements

I've never used Acai, but I suggest going to a health food store to ask some questions. The scams are prolific all over the Internet, so beware ordering anything before you talk to someone familiar with herbs and nutrition. There will usually be some studies they can refer to. My Whole Foods is a good source of dietary information and they will show you what your different price options are and maybe have a free sample or two before you buy a large container or jar of something. (02/05/2009)

By Tony from Chicago

Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingJuly 16, 2010
Acai Berries
Using Acai Berry
A plate full of supplements.
Using Supplements for Weight Loss
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Adding Raw Food To Your Diet
Sliced Strawberries in a Bowl.
Berry Slaw