Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Removing Sharpie from Hair

I have a serious problem. My young daughter has some how used a red sharpie to color her hair. Does anyone have any tips?

Michelle from Rocky Point, NC

By

By jessieeliz12309/26/2013

I tried this on my own hair: nail polish remover! It works so well for getting sharpie out of hair!

By ana (Guest Post)05/01/2008

Thanks so much 4 the advice on getting sharpie out of my hair! I tried using nail polish remover and it worked!

By Jess [78]10/28/2007

How can I remove red sharpie from my blonde hair? Jenn from Newton Falls, OH

Answers:

RE: Removing Sharpie from Hair

Try pouring lemon juice over the area and sit in the sun for a couple of hours then wash off, or it might just wash out eventually. (03/10/2007)

By Lambchop Western Australia

RE: Removing Sharpie from Hair

You might want to try hair spray on a cloth then wiping your hair with the cloth. Really get the cloth wet with the hairspray. It works on getting permanent marker off of other things. Worth a try (03/10/2007)

By Molissa

RE: Removing Sharpie from Hair

YES! Hair spray gets rid of permanent marker. (03/11/2007)

By starchild in VT

RE: Removing Sharpie from Hair

Rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover generally works to remove permanent marker on surfaces. It might work for hair. (03/13/2007)

By Cresanna

Here are questions related to Removing Sharpie from Hair.

Question: Removing Sharpie from Hair

How can I get red Sharpie out of brown hair?

By gabbi

Question: Removing Sharpie from Hair

My friend said she wanted to color my black hair with a silver Sharpie. It's been in a day; I think I got one side of it out, but there is still some in. How do I remove it?

By Mercedes M.

Most Recent Answer

By Anonymous07/22/2011

Keep shampooing daily and it will eventually be gone. ;-)

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Sharpie from Hair

RE: Removing Sharpie from Hair

By Lambchop Western Australia

RE: Removing Sharpie from Hair

By Molissa

RE: Removing Sharpie from Hair

By starchild in VT

RE: Removing Sharpie from Hair

By Cresanna