Porch Paint That Doesn't Fade in the Sun

I need to know the best paint to put on a back porch, that although covered gets sun on the steps. The enamel we have used in the past tends to lose it's luster after a year or two. We like the high gloss black green. Any suggestions?

By L Pritchard from Williamsburg, VA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

We were told to use deck stain. I had painted the back porch with outdoor paint, and it's almost all gone after just one year! Deck stain comes in various colors; I don't know if there's such a thing as high-gloss deck stain, but at least you won't have to keep painting your porch as often. I know that's what we're going to use this year.

One thing, shiny paint will be very slippery when wet or has snow or ice on it. My deck was left natural and I love the silver grey color of aged wood.

House with a nicely painted front porch.
Painting a Porch
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingMay 31, 2010
Screened Porch
Flooring a Screened Porch
Screened Porch
Winterizing a Screened Porch
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Neighborhood Cat On Porch
Keeping Neighborhood Cats Off Porch
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:53:21 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.