Reuse Plastic Cat Litter Bags as Tomato Planters

The new tomato plants were out today, and I couldn't resist, thinking surely, I had some large planters at my apartment. You guessed it, no planters, but I do have a cat. He's particular about the cat sand he uses, and fortunately for me, I had several of the "plastic" bags in the recycle bins. They're wide and fairly tall. When filled with soil and a plant is about the same size and a large planter. It looks kinda funky, but hey, the cat wasn't going to use them, and they was free.

Peace.

By debit4857 from Vancouver, WA

I really love your idea! This is one very green way to garden! About the way they look. You can always wrap a recycled solid colored plastic bag around them!

Several years back, I also posted a tip about not using planters. Just the bag of soil! You lay the bag of potting soil on it's side then cut an X in what's now the top & poke some drainage holes around the sides & towards the bottom of the bag. Now plant your tomato or whatever, right into the bag filled with the soil. NO planter needed! When you water, place the spout of a watering can or the hose right into the X-shaped hole.

Growing Tomatoes in Containers
Growing Tomatoes in Containers
Home and Garden Gardening Creative PlantersJune 25, 2009
Hanging planter baskets holding tomato plants with numerous yellow blossoms and green cherry tomatoes against a rustic background.
Growing Tomatoes in Hanging Planters
Reusing Cat Litter Buckets
Reusing Cat Litter Buckets
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews
🎉
🎄